Gmail Backup & Recovery
Gmail Backup & Recovery Backup Solution
All your business-critical Gmail information is vulnerable to data loss. IT Admins, CIOs, business owners, and MSPs understand that Google Workspaces (formerly G Suite) is necessary for data protection.
- Gmail data loss happens. Frequently. One in three companies suffer SaaS data loss due to human error, sync errors, accidental deletions, malicious acts, and malware
- No native point-in-time recovery: Native Google’s native Gmail data protection, Google Vault or Trash, are time-bound and tedious
- Your Gmail data is permanently deleted IF:
- The email was deleted 30 or more days ago.
- The email is a draft that was deleted.
- The user tried to restore their email, but clicked “Delete forever” instead.
- The end user emptied their Trash after deleting the email
- The email is in the user’s Spam folder
Protect Gmail data with CloudAlly’s Gmail backup and recovery: With CloudAlly’s automated backup of G Suite, you can quickly recover Gmail with a few clicks. What’s more we offer unlimited storage, unlimited retention, and 24×7 tier 1 customer support, so you never have to worry about Gmail data loss. And apart from Gmail, CloudAlly’s Google Workplaces backup also includes Drive (and Team Drive), Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks.
How Can Gmail Be Lost?
Google Workspaces (formerly G Suite) Gmail can be lost due to human error, sync errors, accidental deletions, malicious acts, and malware, and also when an account is accidentally, and or maliciously deleted.
- Human error and accidental deletions
Losing Gmail through human error is not uncommon. “Tidying up” by emptying the Gmail Trash Bin, incorrectly configuring a Gmail migration from one account to another, admins deleting a Gmail account in error, deleting an email by accident and finding it’s gone forever due to storage limitations. Google “soft” deletes in Trash followed by a “hard” delete where Trash is emptied and data is deleted forever.
- Sync errors
It’s possible that Gmail can be lost due to sync errors. For example, Google cautions about failed syncs with Outlook may lead to data loss. “Resynchronizing with Google overwrites local data with data stored on Google’s servers, rather than just performing a two-way sync. This means that, in rare cases, you might lose recent changes made in Outlook, such as a contact you just edited, if the change hasn’t had a chance to sync with the cloud.”
- Malicious acts
Insider attacks from a user, such as moving all Gmail to Trash and then emptying it, can make it impossible to recover Gmail. Insider attacks from a rogue admin can do even more wide-ranging damage if Gmail and Drive accounts are deleted. Google can’t tell that the permitted act is malicious, and Gmail can be wiped out at compute speed.
Malware can potentially delete Gmail, use phishing to make it seem as if the Gmail is trusted, or make Gmail inaccessible unless you pay the ransom. Even strains of malware, like Locky, that are thought to be successfully blocked by anti-virus updates evolve and pose new risks.
What Does Google G Suite Offer For Native Gmail Protection?
- Google Google Workspaces (formerly G Suite’s) email trash bin provides a phased deletion that may prevent some accidental data loss. When an email is deleted in Gmail, it goes first into the user’s Trash. There it is available for restore from Trash only for 30 days.
- After 30 days, only admins can restore the email for a further 25 days — after that, “the data cannot be recovered and is gone forever.”
- In addition, if data storage limits are exceeded, or if the user or an admin empties the user’s Trash, that Gmail may now be “hard deleted” and it may not be possible for the admin to restore it, at all.
- Some admins consider using Google Vault for Gmail retention. While Vault has a retention tool for legal processes, using it on most or all Gmail, is not considered good practice. IT admins need to apply wide Gmail retention with their organization’s legal entity before using Vault as a backup, to ensure they don’t add legal risk.
- Does Google Vault replace a proper backup? Not quite, because archival solutions do not provide point-in-time recovery.
Why does Google Workplaces need backup?
Learn more about why enterprise organisations need SaaS Backup And Pointers to Maximize Its ROI. Share your details to download:
Highlights of CloudAlly's Gmail Backup and Recovery
Automated or on-demand Google Workspaces (formerly G Suite) backup of all Google Workspaces data with Automated/On-Demand Backup to Any Storage. Gmail, Team Drives, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, and Metadata backup.
Save big with volume discounts, bundled pricing, and multi-year discounts. Increase ROI by saving on Google Workspaces (formerly G Suite) license costs with inactive account data backups and cross-user restores.
Meet compliance requirements with your choice of datacenters in EU, NA, and APAC. HIPAA, and GDPR compliant. Secure Amazon S3 Encryption. ISO 27001 certified, GDPR and HIPAA compliant.
Skip the stress of Google Workspaces (formerly G Suite) data retention policies with unlimited data retention. Zip and export archived data at any hierarchical level. Backup to your own storage. Save on licensing costs with backup of inactive account data. Single repository backups.
Enable your global team to work confidently in the cloud. Intuitive UI for self-service recovery. Historical snapshots of all artifacts for quick point-in-time restore. Advanced search and filter for hierarchical restore.
Secure cloud backup with 2FA/MFA and Okta support. Use OAuth to provision your backups and eliminate the need to store your credentials.
Manage multiple domains from a single account. Daily backup notifications. Activity logs. Auto-activate new Google Workspaces users. Cross-user restore for easy employee management.
Non-destructive restore to the same Google Workspaces user or to another. Unlimited storage and unlimited data retention.
Protect Your Google Workspaces (formerly G Suite) Data Today!
Secure cloud-to-cloud Gmail Backup and Recovery that also protects your entire Google Workspaces solution
Protect your G Suite data with our automated daily backup, fast accurate restores, enterprise-grade. Secure your data/metadata with automated, daily backup and unlimited point-in-time recovery. Improve your disaster recovery capability and ensures business continuity.
Get a Quote
View our Frequently Asked Questions on Gmail backup and recovery:
CloudAlly backup for Google Workspaces (formerly G Suite) includes Gmail, Drive and Team Drive (excludes Google Photos, Google Sites), Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks within Google Apps and personal Google Accounts. Chat backup can be activated by clicking on “Show in IMAP” on the Chat line of your Gmail Manage Labels page.
CloudAlly supports flexible Gmail recovery options such as:
- Point-in-time Gmail recovery with historical snapshots
- Granular Gmail recovery at any hierarchical level
- Cross-user Gmail recovery
Yes! CloudAlly supports cross-user Gmail recovery. Restoring emails to another user also helps with easy on-boarding and off-boarding.
Yes. CloudAlly allows you to export deleted G Suite items to the storage of your choice. Export archived data for local access in zip format or to your own S3, Azure, Box or Dropbox storage.
CloudAlly comprehensively protecta all G Suite data. This includes Gmail, Team Drives, Sites, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, and Metadata backup.